V.Y.G.E.R indian signature & VYDA cables.

So a VYGER without Titan is a little unstable with regards to air pressure with changing humidity, and needs to be adjusted manually , like many air pressure arms do ?
The big problem with air bearing tonearms, bearings, etc. is that you need very clean air. Not only for the compressor but also the living space should be dust-free. That's why I distanced myself from it. The turntable looks great, congratulations

Hi Björn,

Great info, thank you!

Small question though… Can the Titan be used with other air-supported / vaccum turntables, or air-suppoted tonearms, or is it strictly a product made only for the VYGER turntables?

/ Jk
Hej Johan,

As for the commercial availability this question would be put to Pino, but as to the application of the Titan with any pneumatic system, the answer is yes, it can be applied to any, with the caveat that the system would not need more that around 6 bar to operate including any loses in the system, you could even use it to spray your car if you feel so compelled to do so with a few small modifications, but that seems largely decadent.

Tack

B

Hej Johan,

As for the commercial availability this question would be put to Pino, but as to the application of the Titan with any pneumatic system, the answer is yes, it can be applied to any, with the caveat that the system would not need more that around 6 bar to operate including any loses in the system, you could even use it to spray your car if you feel so compelled to do so with a few small modifications, but that seems largely decadent.

Tack

B
Björn, I've heard of multi tasking, but that's ridiculous!

The big problem with air bearing tonearms, bearings, etc. is that you need very clean air. Not only for the compressor but also the living space should be dust-free. That's why I distanced myself from it. The turntable looks great, congratulations
I would respectfully disagree with the premise of this.

In distributive analysis dust particles have a large distributive range of around 0.5 to 100 micron with most in excess of 10 micron. The vision arm fluid layer is approximately 10 microns, which prevents a large amount of particulate accumulating and affecting the system.

There is the issue of course of build up along the bushing column, however this build up is negligible unless the arm is not used for ridiculously long periods of time, which in any event, with any appliance, if this condition were true some form of pre-start maintenance would be required.

Then if we look at the platter the same is true, both systems are affected by the quality of air outputted at the the device, however the TITAN has a three stage filtration system, that placates any such contamination capable of affecting the performance of the turntable.

The vacuum is not inversely proportionate to flow, so we cannot suggest any attraction from the vacuum to the device or the air flow, further, the vacuum is a separate circuit and is isolated from the air flow. The induction stage is also filtered at source and is then filtered at the exhaust, so you could argue there is four stages of filtration, but I care not to split hairs.

I cannot comment on other systems, all I know is that the TITAN is capable of consistent play with minimal maintenance and based upon your commentary it would be unique in this sense.

Thanks

B

Hej Johan,

Tack

B
Haha, thank you Björn for that delicate explaination! Maybe there is a few members here that would like to upgrade their air-pump, to this fully automatic piece. I don’t have the need myself, but it sure does sounds interesting. (Maybe I’ll buy one for the tires on my car, haha).

/ Jk

Reactions: BjörnÖsten
Wonder what vacuum pump other audiophiles require

I was in for answering myself from the knowledge I have, but I saw Dr Bjorn ran me to it, so, I humbly step aside, as he is the mind and master for this TITAN monster.

all i can say is: this system is BIG in dimensions but acts like a russian ballerina. The filtering system with the extra tank for condensing, and filter for any air pollution act as an extra for a Very well already thought and working system with ZERO noise or any fluctuation. the Titan is right there in line with my rest of the system and not a sound of air, pressure, vacuum, electricity or anything like that. you see the desired configuration and the exact measure of air coming out, and that is. on/off and you're done. The Titan does all the work!

regarding humidity and dust... I live in Israel, so dust and humidity are plenty!

But, the listening room 99.9% of the time is air conditioned, cleaned everyday and we have an air purifier that works 24/7 sucking air and puffs it clean. So after Bjorn's explanation, we have 5 filtering systems working now :)

Thanks so much for everybody's warm welcome and words.

We are very excited to have the Indian signature with the Titan aboard.

Super impressed that the Vyger air pump is whisper quiet. My (admittedly low tech industrial type in comparison) air pump for LT arm here has to be two intervening dividing walls distant before noise is not an issue.

Super impressed that the Vyger air pump is whisper quiet. My (admittedly low tech industrial type in comparison) air pump for LT arm here has to be two intervening dividing walls distant before noise is not an issue.

The versa dynamics pump also had to be in the other room. I think kuzma airline as well.

The versa dynamics pump also had to be in the other room. I think kuzma airline as well.
to be clear, the CSPort pump for lifting the platter and for their linear arm is also behind my stand, and not a whisper from 40-50cm from it.
but when you got very close, you can hear it.
the Titan is dead quiet no matter where you ear is agains it.
kuzma air compressor used to be very noisy, but i think franc was revision it a long time ago. but im not 100% sure its dead quiet.

owned the Rockport Sirius III for 8 years, which is a high pressure, high flow system for the platter bearing and arm bearing, and air suspension, and never had any evidence of any dust issues. now had the CS Port low pressure, low flow air float platter and air bearing arm and again after 5 years zero dust issues. in both cases i did clean the arm bearing tube once a year or so, although not as a result of any issues, more just cautionary.

the Rockport compressor did make noise and it was placed upstairs in my attic away from the listening room. the CS Port compressor is a medical unit you can place your ear on and can barely hear it. but two feet away and can't hear it.

not sure the filtering processes for either compressor, so cannot comment. but seems like dust is not any serious concern. respect that there may have been issues i never saw involved.

I was in for answering myself from the knowledge I have, but I saw Dr Bjorn ran me to it, so, I humbly step aside, as he is the mind and master for this TITAN monster.

all i can say is: this system is BIG in dimensions but acts like a russian ballerina. The filtering system with the extra tank for condensing, and filter for any air pollution act as an extra for a Very well already thought and working system with ZERO noise or any fluctuation. the Titan is right there in line with my rest of the system and not a sound of air, pressure, vacuum, electricity or anything like that. you see the desired configuration and the exact measure of air coming out, and that is. on/off and you're done. The Titan does all the work!

regarding humidity and dust... I live in Israel, so dust and humidity are plenty!

But, the listening room 99.9% of the time is air conditioned, cleaned everyday and we have an air purifier that works 24/7 sucking air and puffs it clean. So after Bjorn's explanation, we have 5 filtering systems working now :)

Thanks so much for everybody's warm welcome and words.

We are very excited to have the Indian signature with the Titan aboard.
Just a little tip then I'll be quiet and let you enjoy the music
If you do not play an LP for a long time, please place a large microfiber cloth over the tonearm. The slide rail must not collect dust. This is a gradual process, the tonearm will not break. But a little stiffness will destroy the pickup's suspension in the long run. When playing LP, look at the cantilever from time to time. I hope you have fun with the big new machine

Reactions: byrdparis
I would respectfully disagree with the premise of this.

In distributive analysis dust particles have a large distributive range of around 0.5 to 100 micron with most in excess of 10 micron. The vision arm fluid layer is approximately 10 microns, which prevents a large amount of particulate accumulating and affecting the system.

There is the issue of course of build up along the bushing column, however this build up is negligible unless the arm is not used for ridiculously long periods of time, which in any event, with any appliance, if this condition were true some form of pre-start maintenance would be required.

Then if we look at the platter the same is true, both systems are affected by the quality of air outputted at the the device, however the TITAN has a three stage filtration system, that placates any such contamination capable of affecting the performance of the turntable.

The vacuum is not inversely proportionate to flow, so we cannot suggest any attraction from the vacuum to the device or the air flow, further, the vacuum is a separate circuit and is isolated from the air flow. The induction stage is also filtered at source and is then filtered at the exhaust, so you could argue there is four stages of filtration, but I care not to split hairs.

I cannot comment on other systems, all I know is that the TITAN is capable of consistent play with minimal maintenance and based upon your commentary it would be unique in this sense.

Thanks

B
Thanks for the detailed description of the filter system. I also know a bit about tangential tonearms.;) water/oil/and microfilter/silent air compressor and air bearing 10.jpg 8.jpgAirbearing.jpg

Thanks for the detailed description of the filter system. I also know a bit about tangential tonearms.;) water/oil/and microfilter/silent air compressor and air bearingView attachment 117068View attachment 117069View attachment 117070
That is good, like I said I cannot comment on other systems, nor your knowledge, only what I know is immutable.

The image of the air bushing, is that a porous material on the internal diameter?

If so it is also of note that VYGER does not use porous materials in their air bearings or bushings, we have a bespoke proprietary technology to deal with the weaknesses of using a porous material and as such our bearings are non-fungible, that looks like a new way bearing, great company.

Thanks

B

Reactions: Argonaut
That is good, like I said I cannot comment on other systems, nor your knowledge, only what I know is immutable.

The image of the air bushing, is that a porous material on the internal diameter?

If so it is also of note that VYGER does not use porous materials in their air bearings or bushings, we have a bespoke proprietary technology to deal with the weaknesses of using a porous material and as such our bearings are non-fungible, that looks like a new way bearing, great company.

Thanks

B
Yes, carbon here
When you build DIY you have to use what you get. You just don't have opportunities like companies to develop something like that. But it's fun and sounds pretty good too.
OK, the idea wasn't mine. here

Reactions: BjörnÖsten
Byrdparis, in your images I see three legs, and also four legs? It looks also like you have a mount for a pivoting arm? Can you describe what the two rears legs are supporting?

Byrdparis, in your images I see three legs, and also four legs? It looks also like you have a mount for a pivoting arm? Can you describe what the two rears legs are supporting?
hello Bob,

you are right, there is three legs holding the turntable itself, and there is a four leg for the motor system with the belt around the platter -
so overall 4 legs total for the main system.
i've also got another 'arm board' that Pino prepared for me, for pivot arm to a company the linear from VYGER. Right now the arm that is waiting to board the spaceship is the highly decorated arm by J.SIKORA the KV-MAX.

jsikora-kv12-max-zirconium-series-tonearm

pino also in his generosity made me another tonearm for all kinds of 12" arms including SME.
so i can always switch and replace the second position to my liking, though to "fight" with VYGER linear arm for sound, is almost impossible.
but it sure get you more option for different cartridges and sounds.

hello Bob,

you are right, there is three legs holding the turntable itself, and there is a four leg for the motor system with the belt around the platter -
so overall 4 legs total for the main system.
i've also got another 'arm board' that Pino prepared for me, for pivot arm to a company the linear from VYGER. Right now the arm that is waiting to board the spaceship is the highly decorated arm by J.SIKORA the KV-MAX.

jsikora-kv12-max-zirconium-series-tonearm

pino also in his generosity made me another tonearm for all kinds of 12" arms including SME.
so i can always switch and replace the second position to my liking, though to "fight" with VYGER linear arm for sound, is almost impossible.
but it sure get you more option for different cartridges and sounds.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the KV-MAX!

My photos show my VYGER Indian Signature with 2 air bearing arms. One is the Vision arm with the Topwing Red Sparrow fitted. The other is the Inertial arm with a Mysonic Platinum Signature fitted. The system controller was built by Björn as the prototype Titan controller. However, the actual Titan controller is more advanced with AI built in. I am awaiting delivery of my Titan having ordered and paid for it. I also ordered and paid for the new Amagosa Loudspeakers and await delivery of those.
Björn Will facilitate that my Titan can switch between arms without having to unplug pipes or open and shut valves manually as is presently the case. Everything will be operable from the Titan front panel. My experience of the Inertial Arm is that it tracks even faster than the Vision arm. The TWRS sounds better on classical and folk. The Mysonic sounds better on rock and electronica. Both cartridges are at the top of their game.
The new VYGER Titan Indian is also at the top of its game. One of the best sounding turntables currently available at any price. But watch this space.
The photos show my Indian in use with my current system. I use the Aesthetix 3-box Phonostage which is still one of the best sounding phonostages around.
The TAD reference speakers are remarkably revealing and dynamic with a great soundstage and wide bandwidth. I also make use of Vida Cables which work perfectly in my system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 46
Congratulations on your new turntable!

I often find myself questioning the stability and performance of linear tonearms that have only one pivot, as the entire weight hangs on a single point.

It makes me wonder why manufacturers don't opt for a design like the TT1, which utilizes two pivots, as this approach seems more logical when considering both stability and weight distribution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_205215_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_205215_Gallery.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20230925_205247_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_205247_Gallery.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing