[BREAKING NEWS] Andrew Kim Passes Away

Guest creaturedreams

Guest creaturedreams

Loses battle with cancer.

Andre Kim loses battle with cancer

20100812_andrekim_1-460x681.jpg

20100812000845_0.jpg

1278916826912_1.jpg

Andre Kim (75), one of Korea’s most famous fashion designers and iconic figures, passed away on August 12th at 7PM.

Andre Kim, whose real name is Kim Bong Nam, had been in poor health lately and was hospitalized late last month  for health reasons. He had been receiving treatment in the ICU at the  Seoul National University Hospital for colorectral cancer and serious  pneumonia before succumbing to his illness.

Kim’s roots in fashion date back to 1962, when he entered the  industry in Seoul and held a fashion show in Paris only a few years  later. Since then, Kim had held a multitude of fashion shows and served a  long list of clients, even designing the official uniforms for Korea  for a number of Olympics in the past. With celebrity models including Super Junior’s Choi Siwon, f(x)’s SulliSHINee’s Minho, actor Kim Joon and more, Kim was especially known for his elaborate evening and wedding gown collections.

We hope that he rests in peace.

source: AKP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 정유미

Rest in Peace :( So many celebs were tweeting about him. Korea lost a fashion pioneer. I hope he passed away with no pain.

Guest sora09

i can't even wrap my mind around his death. he always seemed so invincible, especially if you watch his fashion shows. the guy is fearless and acts immortal! he is awesome and it sucks that he passed away, but at least he doesn't have to suffer from his sickness anymore.

RIP andre kim

Guest dodici

This was so unexpected! I love his dresses! They were always so regal and breathtaking! All I know is, he's in Heaven, designing away beautiful dresses up there! All will miss you~

i can't even wrap my mind around his death. he always seemed so invincible, especially if you watch his fashion shows. the guy is fearless and acts immortal! he is awesome and it sucks that he passed away, but at least he doesn't have to suffer from his sickness anymore.

RIP andre kim

Agree with everything. that's how I feel too...like he was always going to be there because he had a lot of presence. he seemed like an interesting person. He said he was a romantic, and I think that's why he always liked doing the wedding/prince type of show. His dresses were something out of fantasy.

Guest chungy

He was such an icon in Korean culture.

From his fusion of Korean style and fashion....

Always did something for the entertainment world.

He wont' be forgotten because alot of people parodies his way of speech and fashion show finales.

Rest in peace.

RIP. I looked up to this unique, different man with amazing designs and imagination, and still will.

I remember seeing things he designed for Samsung (I think...)--appliances like refrigerators and washing machines/dryers. I'm sure there must have been other things, too.

Archived